Answered

New Sonos one and Alexa

Can you control all your Sonos speakers with one New Sonos one speaker? I.E. can I tell Alexa/Sonos speaker to control other 'older' Sonos to raise volume?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 October 2017, 00:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Yes.
Thanks! What took so long? LOL
How?? I cant get it to control the volume on the none Alexa Sonos One speakers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
How?? I cant get it to control the volume on the none Alexa Sonos One speakers.

When controlling non Alexa speakers, you need to specify the room name.
Can I group them so I don't have to mention each individual speaker?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can I group them so I don't have to mention each individual speaker?

No, at present it isn't possible to control Group Volume via Voice Control, only via the app. It has been raised with Sonos and they are investigating. Personally I would expect this to be included if and when Grouping of speakers can be controlled by voice but that's just my opinion not Sonos.
Thank you. I was trying to make it do something it will not do. I tried adjusting the volume by speaker name and that works fine.
My Sonos One will not adjust the volume of a Play 5 even if I use the room name. Any thoughts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I suggest that you select Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos and then 'Disable' followed by 'Enable'.

If the problem persists, can you Select Alexa App>Settings>General>History and check that Alexa heard you correctly?
Thank you. That worked. I just can’t do a group in the Alexa app. But from what I’m reading that’s not available yet
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thank you. That worked. I just can’t do a group in the Alexa app. But from what I’m reading that’s not available yet

Correct, Sonos do not currently support Alexa Groups.