Question

NEW APP: Alexa is connected but microphone setting locked to off

• 17 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve just finished factory resetting my entire system to work with the newly released app. Finally, everything is connected. However, I now can’t use Alexa with my Beam. It’s connected but the microphone setting is locked to off. I can get the microphone to work Sonos Voice Control, but Alexa still does not respond. I’ve already tried disabling and re-enabling the skill in Alexa several times. There is no way that I can find to remove Alexa from the voice assistant section in the new app. I am beyond frustrated with the loss of functionality and all the extra, convoluted steps now required to get anything done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

This was the chat I had with support earlier. 

The current Alexa issue is known at the moment due to the time and date not yet being fully integrated in the new Sonos app.

For more information on the missing added feature being added back in the new Sonos app, please check this link: https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-and-music-services-228995/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates-6892942

( this issue isn’t in this article yet tho )

•