Answered

New and changed "stations' on Pandora aren't recognized by Alexa when playing to Sonos

• 13 October 2017
  • 5 replies

I was successful in getting Alexa to play a specific Pandora station on my Sonos speakers. Then I added some new stations and edited the names of a few others. Now Alexa does not recognize any of the new or edited stations. I tried waiting overnight thinking it would take time the changes to sync. I tried disconnection Alexa from Pandora and then reconnecting them. No luck. She still recognizes and plays older and unchanged stations and plans them on whatever Sonos speaker i dictate. Any suggestions?
icon

Best answer by charliefed 10 November 2017, 20:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
charliefed: Did this ever get sorted out? If not, I'd like to take a closer look. Mind sending a diagnostic report and replying with the confirmation number it gives at the end? What errors are given when you give the command for a changed or new playlist?
Thank you Keith for the offer to help. Yes, the problem persists and it is 100% consistent. Sorry, I couldn't find a place where I could run a 'diagnostic report', perhaps you could give me some help there. I am using an Echo Dot 2nd generation.
The problem is, I renamed several Pandora playlists and now when I ask Alexa to play the new name e.g. "60s Radio from Pandora", she says "Should I add a station for 1960's hits to your Pandora account?" But if i go to my phone Alexa app: "Music, Video, books" > "Pandora" I see the renamed playlists are shown. I can select Pandora playlist "60s Radio" and it immediately plays on Alexa. I can create new Pandora playlists and Alexa recognizes them with no problem. I have hundreds of hours of listening experience related to the playlists that Alexa no longer recognizes. I hate to loose all that thumbs up and thumbs down history by abandoning these playlists. Hope you can help me out. You may wonder why I changed the names in the first place. They weren't consistently named so it was hard for me to remember what tell Alexa. e.g. "50's Radio" "Sixties Hits" "70s top hits" eyc. So now they are all in the same format 50s Radio, 60s Radio, 70s Radio, etc. but I can't play them using spoken commands to Alexa.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
No problem at all, charliefed. Here is a link that should walk you through how to submit a diagnostic report: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142 - Afterwards, be sure to reply with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end.

From what you are describing it sounds like what you named these playlists may be confusing Alexa. When you give the command to Alexa "Alexa, play 60's Radio in the Living Room" the word Radio tells what type of content it is seeking. In this case a new station for 1960's Radio. If you were to rename the playlist to something like "Memories from the 60's" or "60's Airwaves", Alexa may not get as confused. I'd recommend renaming one of your playlists and see how Alexa fares. If it seems to work better you, I would then try different names for the other playlists as well.

Let me know if you find this helpful!
I did not run the diagnostic test because the problem seems to be with the Pandora site.
I renamed some problem play lists and now they work. However, I’m not able to edit some playlists because on the Pandora site the edit pencil is grayed out. I will contact Pandora about this.

Thanks for your help.
Hi Thanks for tour for More about this details check out here

http://www.uniquetechy.com/pandora-radio-application-offline-data-usage/