Answered

Musice from Sonos Amp & Amazon Echo at the same time

• 24 April 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos Amp and 6 Amazon Echos in my home. I can communicate to Alexa to play music through the 6 echos OR through the speakers connected to the Sonos amp but can’t find a way to play music at the same time through the 6 echos and the speakers. When I try to “combine rooms” in the Alexa app, the “Sonos” grays out when I select the echo dots. The echo dots gray out when I select the sinks speaker resulting in me not being able to combine them. Any help is appreciated !!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 April 2023, 21:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

It isn’t possible for the Amp to play the same music together with the Echos.

Nooo!! Thank you for the reply. Do you know if that’s something Sonos or Alexa are looking into fixing?

Nooo!! Thank you for the reply. Do you know if that’s something Sonos or Alexa are looking into fixing?

No discussion has ever been mentioned and Sonos rarely talks about such future enhancements.  I would not expect it.

Seems very unlikely to me as the the two used protocols with very different features.  If it were to happen, I’d guess it would be something like Amazon adopting airplay, which Sonos already has.

No discussion has ever been mentioned and Sonos rarely talks about such future enhancements.  I would not expect it.

Seems very unlikely to me as the the two used protocols with very different features.  If it were to happen, I’d guess it would be something like Amazon adopting airplay, which Sonos already has.

Thank you