Multiple Sonos systems, single Alexa house

• 28 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I had to implement a second Sonos system due to adding a Five and Arc (S2 only) to existing Sonos S1-only speakers.

When setting the speakers up in Alexa one can only choose a single system.

It would be very useful to be able to include more than 1 system. 

Sonos could do it by either a) allowing selection of more than 1 system in the existing Alexa skill, or 2) adding a second skill (Logitech does this for its Harmony remotes).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Bill_D.

Thanks for reaching out.

We highly appreciate your feedback and suggestion on using 1 Alexa account for both S1 and S2 Sonos systems.

I can definitely see the benefit out of it, but from a Sonos - Alexa integration viewpoint, the relationship between your Sonos and Amazon account must be 1 is to 1. Hence, it is possible to use a different voice assistant on each system. (Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa)

I'll make sure to log this as a feature request and pass it along with the team. 

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be glad to send them up for you.

Hi @Bill_D.

I can definitely see the benefit out of it, but from a Sonos - Alexa integration viewpoint, the relationship between your Sonos and Amazon account must be 1 is to 1. 

I figured this would be the reply. It’s really very disappointing. Sonos caused its users to add additional Sonos systems and has chosen not to invest in the ability to use more than a single system with Alexa. And as a point of reference, Spotify Connect has no problem integrating with 2 Sonos systems in 1 home.