Answered

Multiple Sonos One's -- turn off all Mics?

• 14 November 2017
  • 3 replies

I like the button to disable the microphone on the top of the Sonos One. However, I just bought several of them scattered throughout multiple rooms. It would be really great to have a toggle (e.g. on the Desktop or Mobile apps) that would turn off all the mics. Is there any way to do that?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 November 2017, 07:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

No, there isn't. They've said that they wanted a physical connection between the mic and the switch, so that there wasn't a potential for the mic to be on by some software glitch, and I'd assume get them sued for "listening in". So their solution was to make it only a physical action, and not put in a software solution as well.
Ah, I see. What I'd read was that they wanted a tight link between the mic being powered on and the LED that goes along with it being powered on. That by itself doesn't seem to preclude software control. But I can see how it would make the "not listening" state even stronger if it cannot be controlled by software at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I like the button to disable the microphone on the top of the Sonos One. However, I just bought several of them scattered throughout multiple rooms. It would be really great to have a toggle (e.g. on the Desktop or Mobile apps) that would turn off all the mics. Is there any way to do that?

The only way to do this is to disable the Sonos skill when you want the Mics turned off for all devices - a bit of a hassle though.