Skip to main content
Answered

Microphone Stopped Working Sonos One

• 15 March 2024
  • 29 replies

Sonos One microphone stopped working.

Alexa still announces reminders, yet it does not respond to voice commands. The microphone has been turned off and on; the device has been unplugged and restarted; I even went as far as restoring the device to factory settings (which I have learned may not have been the best idea). I also deleted the Alexa service and then added the service back with the speaker announcing that the service has been “successfully added and the device is ready to use.” Microphone is still dead. 

Just literally got of the phone with Sonos. Apparently, it’s a known issue with Android device. 
I simply use my Apply device, downloaded and logon to SONOs app, and finally able to install voice assistant etc. 

OMG, it’s such a simple fix, but not made known. 

Hi could you explain a bit more about the simple fix for the microphone please?  I'm a bit confused about the apply log on? Thank you 

Just to leave my own experiences here… I can’t reproduce the problem. I use a Sonos One on latest S1 iOS app and firmware. I can add Alexa as voice assistant service and she can hear me. So microphone obviously is working. 😉

Alexa app btw is up to date and Sonos skill activated. 

Hi could you explain a bit more about the simple fix for the microphone please?  I'm a bit confused about the apply log on? Thank you 

Logon to your SONOS account in the SONOS app, installed on iphone