Question

Loop enabled on Echo Dot but stops playing after 1st run for Ambient Sounds skill on Sonos.

• 26 November 2017
  • 1 reply

I currently have two play 1's in stereo and a play 3 (that was delivered today). Normally when the wife goes to sleep we play something soothing on the Echo dot from one of the many sounds under Ambient Sounds skill (thunder in this case). Before this worked perfect and is a driving reason why she likes the Echo's and wants to like the Sonos speakers. Now after it starts on the Sonos speakers we then tell Echo dot to loop and it acknowledges the loop. However, once it cycles once it doesn't loop again on the play 1's its just silent.

Does anyone else have any issues like this? I did see the post below thats recent from a few days ago but its not exactly the same thing as im not using a play list just a skill.

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/shuffle-with-loop-mode-alexa-failure-6793517

Any help would be appreciated as the price of the sonos stuff was a hard sell to the wife and if I cant get something like this to work it puts me between a rock and a hard spot with here lol. Don't want to have to send them back for the quality of sound that I appreciate.

I submitted a diagnostic # 8134816 about two minutes after it happend and no new activity on the sonos after we gave up.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Edit: Can't figure out how to modify text above so will just put here. After playing around it just seems loop in general doesn't work for a single song on amazon music either.