Answered

Looking for suggestions how to easily replace Yonomi routines

• 31 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Just got Yonomi’s 30-day notice “sunset” email hence this request.  

I currently use Yonomi routines to control the inputs to the Sonos Amp that plays through the speakers on our Deck

If I say “Alexa turn on Deck Cable” then the audio output from our Virgin box is played via line-in and the volume set to 35

If I say “Alexa turn on Deck Radio” then a Radio Staion I have in my Sonos favorites is set to play and Volume set to 50

If I say “Alexa turn off Deck Cable” or “Turn off Deck Radio” then The Amp pauses.

Can anyone suggest an easy (preferably free!) way to replicate this?

Many thanks

Just found out that as Line In can be added to “My Sonos” I should be able to use IFTTT to access it - when I first automated this that wasn’t possible so I had to use Yonomi.  Just need to work my way round editing in IFTTT.  Yonomi was so easy to do.

Found that editing IFTTT in Windows much easier than in IOS app - just need to decide if its worth £2 a month to get more than two applets and more actions.

Moderator edit: combined posts

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 1 September 2023, 14:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m not aware of any Free options

I use Hubitat for home automation and the only thing close to Free is IFTTT but I haven’t found it very reliable.

You may want to look at: https://alternativeto.net/software/yonomi--smart-home-automation/

Yep, just a few days left until Yonomi goes dark and have to be forced to use the localized Sonos App when I’m used to being anywhere and still able to control Sonos via Yonomi.  I heavily used the text to talk command and was able to communicate with people through the Sonos and also looking at a CCTV camera remotely.  I havent found any other app with these capibilities and desperaterly need one now. I just saw the link above and gonna check that out now. So I’ll keep an eye on this msg thread to see if anyone has or can create something just like it. 

Cheers, Dan

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe Homey will work too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What exactly are they sunsetting? I see no reference on their web site:

https://www.yonomi.com/integrations/sonos?hsLang=en