Question

LG Soundbar (SL10Yg) playing with existing Sonos system via connect and Alexa help.

• 16 July 2020
  • 1 reply

I recently bought the LG SL10Yg Soundbar and a Sonos connect. I already have two Sonos ones and a Sonos move I use throughout my house for my music. I was wondering if/how I would be able to connect my soundbar via the Sonos connect so I can play music through all of my sonos speakers and LG soundbar in order to create a whole home audio system that I could control through the sonos app or the alexa app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @MRConnect.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. 

I would like to inform you, based on your soundbar’s manual it has no audio out or RCA connector which would not work with a Sonos Connect since the Sonos Connect is not a Sonos Home theater device which means it cannot communicate directly unless your TV has RCA audio out which we can connect to the Sonos connect via RCA audio in and then from the Sonos Connect audio out to either RCA to optical converter or RCA to HDMI converter then goes to HDMI in on the soundbar which is not a recommended set up of Sonos. We can only physically connect non-Sonos speakers to Sonos speaker via RCA or converter type connection which we do not recommend since they cannot be grouped together on the Sonos app as the Sonos app would only display Sonos devices.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. I hope this helps. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,