Is Alexa blocking access to my Chromecast on the Beam?

• 20 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
I’m having a problem using my Chromecast with my beam - beam is installed on hdmi-arc and Chromecast is installed on hdmi #3 on my Vizio tv. After install I can’t cast Netflix or YouTube to the tv. The Chromecast worked just fine before moving it to hdmi #3. Any clues?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +1
Work-Around - dumped the Vizio and replaced it with a new Samsung smart TV and am letting the TV do the work. I can cast YouTube Music directly to the TV and Netflix works just fine. Love the Beam now that I can use it for music videos and movies!
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Wow getting a new TV is a drastic solution lol. Did you ever hear back from Sonos about the problem, was it beam compatibility with the TV? TV problem/bug with ARC?
Glad you got a solution that worked. If I had to guess, your Vizio hdmi port had a lower version of hdmi then what the chromecast needed. Sounds odd for a tv to support different hdmi versions depending on the port you use, but apparently so.
Badge +1
I chatted with Sonos and they were very nice and referred me to Vizio. Vizio was extremely frustrating so yes, I chose the drastic solution and changed to a different product. The only recourse a consumer has when problems are ignored. So far I can’t say I regret the decision as the new TV cost less than the soundbar.