Answered

Install Alexa in Sonos in Spain

• 1 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Now that Alexa is available in Spain I am trying to set up Alexa with Sonos skill but the skill does not appear in the app when searching for it. Not sure if this is a problem with Sonos, Amazon or what. Any workardound even if it means to use Alexa in english?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 3 November 2018, 11:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Excellent. That works. I then changed my country back to Spain and Alexa stayed but switched to Spanish! I changed address again so I'm not sure how long it would've lasted as the app went back to saying Alexa wasn't available in my region.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

After Amazon release Alexa in a new country there is a need for Sonos to undertake some development and testing. This means that there is always a lag between Alexa being released and Sonos supporting voice control.

If you create a UK or US account for Amazon, Spotify (or whatever music streaming service you are using) and change your address in your profile on www.sonos.com then it should all work in English.