Answered

Install Alexa in Sonos in Spain

• 1 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Now that Alexa is available in Spain I am trying to set up Alexa with Sonos skill but the skill does not appear in the app when searching for it. Not sure if this is a problem with Sonos, Amazon or what. Any workardound even if it means to use Alexa in english?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 3 November 2018, 11:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

After Amazon release Alexa in a new country there is a need for Sonos to undertake some development and testing. This means that there is always a lag between Alexa being released and Sonos supporting voice control.

If you create a UK or US account for Amazon, Spotify (or whatever music streaming service you are using) and change your address in your profile on www.sonos.com then it should all work in English.
Excellent. That works. I then changed my country back to Spain and Alexa stayed but switched to Spanish! I changed address again so I'm not sure how long it would've lasted as the app went back to saying Alexa wasn't available in my region.