Answered

Hue lights with default Sonos play 1

• 24 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone, so basically my question is whether there are any hue lights that can sync up with the standard sonos play 1 speaker. I've heard that Phillips hue lights don't have any built in functionality with sonos but there are third party programs that can allow you to do this? I'm running with windows and an android phone, cheers for any help
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 October 2018, 01:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Hi!
You can try setting some IFTTT rule now that Sonos is partially integrated.
Camillo
Can you clarify what you mean by 'sync up'? There are ways you can have lights and sound initiated with a single command or schedule. You can one automatically turn on when the other is turned on. If you want your hue lights to 'dance' or react to music, that's likely not possible...with hue lights anyway.
Would you happen to know of any way for some sort of lights to react to the music? I've seen videos of it but just not sure how to implement this with a sonos speaker
Would you happen to know of any way for some sort of lights to react to the music? I've seen videos of it but just not sure how to implement this with a sonos speaker
Not really via Sonos development, but there are several 3rd party Apps that will run on a mobile phone or tablet which listen to the audio via the mobile Mic and are connected to the Hue Bridge v2 and will control Hue lights .. often they do a couple of lights for free, with basic effects ..and you can later pay to have more effects and provide access to more bulbs.

So not really related to Sonos, just related moreso to sound heard in a room, over the mobile device microphone. Examples are...

Hue Disco
Hue Party

There are also Apps that use the mobile camera and will take colours from TV screen and alter the Hue lights (colour) in a room to match colours and the mood, based on what the camera sees on the TV screen. An example of that is...

Hue Camera

I should add there maybe other similar Apps available and that I’m not affiliated with the software mentioned.