Hue Lights and Beam TV control

• 4 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Can anyone help, I've finally got the beam to turn on and off my tv. The issue I have now is when I ask Alexa to turn on or off living room lights the tv also comes on and off.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Do your lights and your Beam have the same or similar names in Alexa?
No I don’t believe so, but I do have it called living room Tv so maybe that could be the issue?
Userlevel 7
In addition to melvimbe question...do you have the Beam and your lights setup as a group in the Alexa app? If so, break the group. However, in truth even as group Alexa should know the difference between lights and Beam unless you have the Beam setup on a smart plug . If that's the case remove the smart plug from the group.

Cheers!
In addition to melvimbe question...do you have the Beam and your lights setup as a group in the Alexa app? If so, break the group. However, in truth even as group Alexa should know the difference between lights and Beam unless you have the Beam setup on a smart switch. If that's the case remove the smart switch from the group.

Cheers!

Will try this and see how it’s all set up, many thanks
Just to update on this. I had TV called living room TV, so I changed that to just TV and now they seem to be working as they should. Thanks for the suggestions.