Answered

how to turn off Alexa on Sonos Arc

• 23 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Normally I would think Alexa on the Arc would be a cool feature, but unfortunately it’s driving us crazy!!  

The microphone on my Sonos arc can pick up a whisper across the house. We have an open floor plan and an Alexa speaker in the kitchen, but when we are in the kitchen and ask it a question or to play music or NPR, we get an answer from the Family Room Arc. Usually along the lines of “I don’t have that functionality“. 

Since we are speaking to the kitchen echo, I don’t want the Arc responding. We have the same problem when we ask Alexa to turn on the kitchen lights. [Upstairs, where we have echoes in every room, and even in the thermostat, we have no problem requesting a light be turned on or off.] But on our main floor when we request the kitchen lights be turned on, they flash on and off as the two devices respond simultaneously. 

That’s probably TMI. Regardless, we need to turn off Alexa in our Sonos Arc. Any help or directions in accomplishing this would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 23 March 2024, 16:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You have a few options:

1. Mute the mic by pressing the mic button on the Arc, good as a temp solution 

2. Change the wake word on your kitchen echo device, this will keep Alexa and stop the two devices both responding.

3. Open the Sonos App/Settings/Services & Voice/Amazon Alexa, select your Arc and remove Alexa from that device.