Answered

How to play Spotify on Sonos One and Alexa devices simultaneously

• 11 May 2022
  • 4 replies

I can’t seem to figure out how to play Spotify on all my home Alexa devices (Echo Dot, and Echo Show) as well as my Sonos Beam and 2 Sonos One’s.  Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 May 2022, 05:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

This isn’t possible. Sonos devices aren’t designed to play music simultaneously with Echo devices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

They might be able to play simultaneously if you would use different Spotify accounts. Keeping them in sync will probably be impossible, though.

They might be able to play simultaneously if you would use different Spotify accounts. Keeping them in sync will probably be impossible, though.

Why even probably; the sync needs to be perfect to extent of this being impossible to achieve by playing Spotify in this fashion.

The only solution of sorts for OP is to group the same makes by rooms, so that in sync play is as perfect as it needs to be in each room, and reliably and easily achieved every time.

Thanks all!  I was hoping it was possible since Alexa has a Sonos skill but I guess not.  I don’t have outdoor speakers and wanted to move a couple of Echo’s outdoors temporarily for an indoor/outdoor party and have seamless music between my indoor Sonor speakers.