How to ask Alexa to play music from My Sonos?

• 8 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi!
I use Sonos mobile app for playing music.
I have premium Di.Fm radio station account and I linked that radio via Radio by TuneIn.
I have Amazon Eco and connected speakers to it.
I can listen to music using Alexa's voice commands. Thanks to Sonos!
However, I can listen to music from Alexa device only. I do not know how to ask her to change the source of my music.
For instance, I want to ask Alexa to play certain radio station which I added into my favorites list (“My Sonos” in the mobile app).
How can I do that?
Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Dimitry. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Alexa can only see the content added through the Alexa app.

In your specific situation, if you want Alexa to play a particular radio station on Radio by TuneIn, simply ask "Alexa, play [radio station] from Radio by TuneIn, in the [room name].

Let me know if you find this helpful.
Hi Keith N!
Alexa, play [radio station] from Radio by TuneIn, in the [room name]
Alas, she tells me "I cannot find Di.Fm in the Radio TuneIn". I tried many variants, including "Digitally Imported" and others. Nothing works. At best, she plays some music from Spotify.