Answered

How do you turn off the Alexa acknowledgement tone (not the wake tone) on the Move.

• 11 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I have figured out how to turn off the Alexa “wake” tone, but now I have a tone that plays after Alexa responds to a request.  I have not been able to find anywhere in either the S2 app or the Alexa app.  Does anyone know how that is controlled?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 12 July 2020, 08:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

I suspect that have Follow-On mode selected against your device in the Alexa App, - please check in Device Settings - this will trigger a tone at the end of the follow on period.  It’s possible to turn this ‘End of Request’ tone off on Amazon devices but not yet on Sonos - you will need to decide to accept the tone or turn Follow-On mode off.

Thanks.  The real intent of that setting though is to allow a follow-up question without using the wake word.  When I turn that setting off, it does get rid of that acknowledgement tone, but it also prevents me from using the follow up feature.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks.  The real intent of that setting though is to allow a follow-up question without using the wake word.  When I turn that setting off, it does get rid of that acknowledgement tone, but it also prevents me from using the follow up feature.  

Agreed :(