Question

Group volume control

• 17 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I have three zones in my house. Kitchen, den, and living room. When we listen to music which is 80% of our use, the 3 zones are always in a group. The only time they are not grouped is when we watch TV in the living room. When grouped I have the volume of each zone balanced for constant sound throughout the house. Reading through the Alexa commands it appears that when a I want raise or lower the volume of my whole house music group I will have to command each zone individually.? I believe that you cannot group or ungroup zones via Alexa, but not having a master volume control for a group seems like a major oversight.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I agree and am having a similar issue. When trying to control the volume with Alexa like "Alexa, turn down the volume in the Kitchen" it only turns down the volume of my Sonos One and not the group that the Sonos One is apart of. So if I receive a phone call and want to quickly turn down the volume I have to do it through my phone and not with the Sonos One.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I’ll just say “ Alexa pause” and it pauses the group? Then say “Alexa resume in Den” and the group starts again. If you don’t specify a unit or room then will play through the Echo. Not consistent yet.