Question

Five with microphone

• 25 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

How come the new Five doesnt have microphone for voice-control?? Are there a new version coming soon with mic?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Ronnie.L, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for bringing this concern, let me help you out on this.

Sonos Five has no voice-control enabled but you can experience a vividly clear, room-filling sound for music streaming, vinyl, and more. You can also play music via Apple AirPlay 2

The following voice-enabled speakers can be integrated with two voice services: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant:

We don't have the information to share with you about product releases but you can check our website and the community for announcements.

If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out. The Sonos community is always here to help.

The old one had a mic that was never actually put to use, so I suspect Sonos decided to save the costs by deleting it from the new one.