Echo spot

• 4 January 2018
  • 20 replies

Badge +2
I have a sonos one connected and trying to connect a echo spot and can't! Help
icon

Best answer by Chris 4 January 2018, 03:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can’t olay same music on both if that is what your trying to do. Else give more detail on what attempting.
Badge +2
I am trying to get sonos to see the spot
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Why would Sonos see the spot.

The spot can be setup to control Sonos.

What exactly is it suppose to see - you mean do intercom drop in or something like that (you can't do intercom or calling from Sonos One).
Badge +2
it won't connect to the spot....not sure how to get it to discover
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos Doesn't discover the spot. Your not describing what you want to do.

IN the Alexa app you can see the Sonos One and the Spot. Both have alexa built in.

IN the Sonos app you will see the Sonos One as a zone. You will not see the spot as the spot is not a Sonos unit.
Badge +2
I want to control my music thur spot
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Then ask the spot to discover devices, it should then find the Sonos one
Badge +2
I have asked and is dose not find sonos one, It found everything else lights,thermostats but not sonos one!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
All your Sonos speakers should be showing in the alexa app. Confirm that. Also you have Sonos skill installed in alexa app as well.

When you tell the spot to play song you have to say the Sonos room name. Like. Alexa play music on kitchen.

On the Sonos One when you speak to it you just say alexa play music. So playing from spot is different as you have tonsame room name.

Do you have Sonos skill enabled in the Alex app from skills?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The Sonos One doesn’t play music when you ask it by itself?
Badge +2
Thank you...I got it to play music now it just stop or pause music
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It should do much more. You can ask it for song name or artist etc

Alexa play Bruno mars in kitchen. (If speaking to spot)

Alexa play Bruno mars. (Don’t need to say speaker name if asking the Sonos One)
Badge +2
sorry what I meant to say the spot will not stop or pause music
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I can’t help you unless you amnswer my questions and give more detail. You may want to call Sonos if you don’t want to go into detail here.
Badge +2
What I am saying Spot l play anything that I ask it to but when I say stop or pause music it won't....I have to go downstairs and get Sonos One to stop or play
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Are you saying stop “in room” so it better knows where to stop.
Badge +2
I see said the blind man! That did it! Thanks a million
i can get music to play on Sonos (5 rooms), but the Echo Spot plays different music in the 6th room. How do I get Sonos system to play the same music in the 6th room as is playing in all the 5 Sonos Rooms.
I also do not see where to name the room the SPOT is in -- is that in the Sonos or Alexa app?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can’t group an echo with Sonos players.