Echo in kitchen responds when SonosOne in bathroom is asked a question!

• 27 March 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
I have three Amazon Echos and seven Sonos speakers, one is a combo SonosOne, which is in the master bathroom. When I ask the bathroom SonosOne a question or set a timer, it wakes and goes quiet, but the response and/or timer sound comes from the kitchen Echo tower, which would not have been able to hear the "Alexa" command in the first place. Is there a setting I need to change?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

There isn't a setting for this, I suggest you follow the steps I've listed within the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126/index1.html
Badge
I have the same problem I use my Sonos One in my room and it sets of my parents echo in their room
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the same problem I use my Sonos One in my room and it sets of my parents echo in their room

Hi Justin

Can clarify what you mean by 'sets off'? Do you mean music comes the Echo rather than the Sonos One or that it ducks it?
Badge
I mean when I say "Alexa" too activate voice control the echo picks it up from down the hall in another room.
Badge
it usually doensn't hear my commands but a few times it has
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The Amazon servers will decide which device responds to a command based upon Network connectivity and clarity of the received voice command. Can you check that the Sonos One is not obstructed or close to any other electrical equipment/network devices. Also have you any wired Sonos devices or are you using wi-fi?