Echo Flex alternative for controlling Sonos Amp speakers

• 15 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, I have passive speakers connected with a sonos amp in the bathroom. Now I control them with a Echo Flex connected in a spare plug in the bathroom.

Now Echo Flex is no longer sold and my fear is that if the device just stops working I have no alternative for voice control in the bathroom. I have no room for a Echo dot or Sonos One or Roam. I just need a device Alexa compatibile that can fit in a plug.

Anyone knows any alternative? Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks for the reply, we already have a Roam at home, but I look for something "small" and that can be always left in the bathroom (not portable), like an Echo Flex

If your current setup uses the S2 Sonos App, then perhaps add a Sonos Roam small portable speaker to the setup to use both in the bathroom, around the Home or outdoors. It has Alexa built-in. 

See this link:

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/roam

It is water resistant too (IP 67) and can be left on a Qi charger 24/7.

Its also useful to have a portable speaker available for use at anytime/anywhere.