Answered

Echo Dot - Sonos as Default speakers

I have the Play One with Alexa which works amazing. I also have an Echo Dot in another room that works beautifully with my Sonos system. The only slightly annoying thing is that I have to tell my Echo Dot "Play Rock in the Living room". If I don't specifically say "in the living room" the dot plays the music (which is technically correct). Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default player/speaker so that I no longer have to specifically say the location of the speakers I want to use? In other words I would just say "Play Rock" and my Sonos speakers would kick on.

I can't seem to find anything specific to this question while searching the Alexa forums.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 9 March 2018, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

So, did this stop working? I added an Alexa group (there is no room other than Multi-room which does not work with Sonos). Added my 'Kitchen' Alexa Device. Set the 'Speaker' to my 'Kitchen Sonos' which is a pair of Play5's. When I say to Alexa 'Play Mozart mix' it plays on my Alexa device not my 'Kitchen Sonos' group?
It does for several weeks now. Add the Play:5s within 'Kitchen Sonos' as 'Preferred Speakers'.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
So, did this stop working? I added an Alexa group (there is no room other than Multi-room which does not work with Sonos). Added my 'Kitchen' Alexa Device. Set the 'Speaker' to my 'Kitchen Sonos' which is a pair of Play5's. When I say to Alexa 'Play Mozart mix' it plays on my Alexa device not my 'Kitchen Sonos' group?

When you say Set the Speaker, do you Preferred Speaker or did you only include the Kitchen within the Group? (They must be set as 'Preferred Speaker'. If it still doesn't work, please Disable then Enable the Sonos skill in the Alexa App.