Answered

Echo Dot Alexa unable to change music on Sonos Playbar, but works with Play 1, Play 3

• 25 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi I just purchased an Echo Dot. I have named the sonos devices in my house as per the guidelines and can control them in all rooms except the playbar in the kitchen. When I say "Alexa" the music goes quiet in the kitchen (and presumably all rooms at present) so it is communicating correctly with the playbar, I can even ask it to stop the music. But if I say "play Radio 2 in the kitchen" alexa says "playing BBC Radio 2 from TuneIn On Kitchen" but nothing happens. Same with playing any music from the Amazon Prime service. It did actually work the first day I had the device, not sure what happened as everything is as it was before.
icon

Best answer by TheBrentWill 26 October 2017, 19:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I'm having the same problem with my playbar in living room. When using the app, it will prompt me to confirm I want to switch from TV sound, so i am assuming Alexa is not able to overcome this command. So far it is not working well in general. Very unstable, have had to re-enable and shut down sonos several times.
I would call them 1 (800) 680-2345 or tweet at them on their support Twitter https://twitter.com/sonossupport
I reset everything - disabled the sonos skill, deleted the iphone app, turned off the echo dot, restarted everything including router, reinstalled app, reconfigured skill and all works ok.