Answered

Drop in on Alexa

• 19 December 2018
  • 56 replies

Userlevel 2
I have the sonos play 1 with Alexa and wanted to use the drop in feature to call the echo dots around the house but can't seem to find this on the menu for the sonos has anyone got this working or is it not available if so will it be added to an update soon?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 19 December 2018, 23:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

Adding the drop in feature would be brilliant addition to all the Sonos voice controlled products. I just hope you can get permission from Amazon to use the feature soon. 

Update on this thread:

sonos does not support drop-in within community threads, hence no response from them.

they do however support announcements, which is why they told us to enjoy the “smart speaker”

this thread has all the best features of a smart thread, and not a fully enabled thread.

I suspect their marketing data will help them prioritize thread drop in functionality.

/sarcasm off

+1 for a drop in support in the sonos smart speaker lineup 

I agree, Is there a reason why they can’t figure out drop in on the Sonos speaker? Please make this happen!

Just spent £1000’s moving from S1 to S2 to put a Sonos device in every room of a three story house - put Ones and not SL’s in specifically so we could use drop in instead of yelling around the house - very disappointed that I now find it’s not supported between Alexa enabled Sonus devices…. Sonus has an opportunity to be at the heart of the smart multi room revolution don’t lose that opportunity by shortcuts in your Alexa implementation - have bought 2 Arcs that have 4 microphones a piece and they can’t even call each other - :-( 

Road map please 

Just spent £1000’s moving from S1 to S2 to put a Sonos device in every room of a three story house - put Ones and not SL’s in specifically so we could use drop in instead of yelling around the house - very disappointed that I now find it’s not supported between Alexa enabled Sonus devices…. Sonus has an opportunity to be at the heart of the smart multi room revolution don’t lose that opportunity by shortcuts in your Alexa implementation - have bought 2 Arcs that have 4 microphones a piece and they can’t even call each other - :-( 

Road map please 

Just to add/assist here, you may find that there are 3rd party mobile Apps that can do this kind of thing with Sonos devices already. I won’t specify/promote any particular App, but a search using the term ‘Sonos’ on a mobile App Store usually results in such Apps appearing in the results list.

Does Sonos PM read customers request? This is so basic for calling itself an Alexa-capable device. C’mon!