Question

Dot won’t play on Playbar but will on others.

• 13 October 2017
  • 26 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

26 replies

Just checked the year and you’re correct! Seriously when the big long awaited update came, I thought here it is at last after the many postings on the forum. Fully tested, working and ready to go!:(

Amazon only finalized their API at the very end of August, and their full integration with multi-room speaker manufacturers is not due until 2018. This is not to say the development was not concurrent and integrated between the parties, but I really think many people are not aware of how much time these things take.

As I have stated before, I'm in the middle of a multi-vendor OLTP and POS hardware and software upgrade in which the basic code is already written, it only needs to be customized, and the projected rollout from design to install is over 2 years. You simply cannot know exactly how long something should take unless you are privy to the inner architecture, not to mention the inner machinations between two or more companies, each with their own design philosophies and financial goals.