Answered

Don't want Alexa to start on Sonos

• 29 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have an Alexa Show 5 in my kitchen and a Sonos Beam in my bedroom.  Several times, although not every time, when I say to the Alexa, “Play WFCR”.  It will play it on the Sonos Beam in my bedroom. I do not want it to do that unless I specifically tell it to do that.  (For example, I want to listen in the kitchen while my wife is still asleep.)

BTW, the Alexa in the kitchen will respond “Playing WFCR on Sonos Bedroom.”  So, I know it is the guilty party here.

I do not have any groups. The rooms are not the same.

How can I prevent this from happening?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 2 October 2023, 13:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Matus1

It sounds like the Sonos in your bedroom is set as your preferred speaker in the Alexa app, although this is usually only the case when you have a group in the Alexa app. I would still recommend you check the Alexa app setting to see if the Sonos is indeed set as the default speaker.

As a test, if you specify the Alexa Show 5 in your voice command, does it play to that or does it still go to the bedroom? I would recommend disabling then re-enabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app and, if that doesn’t fix the issue, remove and re-add Alexa in the Sonos app.

I hope this information helps!