Answered

Disable Microphone On/Off Button entirely?

• 2 May 2019
  • 3 replies

Whenever I have my house cleaned, inevitably the cleaning people have diligently dusted the tops of all my Sonos One & Beam speakers, thus disabling the microphone on one or more of them (despite repeated requests for them to not dust these). When I get home I start making Alexa requests but of course there's no answer. I have to run around the house & manually check each microphone button.

I'd like to be able to DISABLE the microphone on/off button entirely from within the app settings, to prevent people from accidentally turning off the microphone. There's already a "Speaker Touch Controls" enable/disable setting - but alas, this doesn't seem to affect the microphone on/off button. Could this functionality please be added? Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 2 May 2019, 22:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi jimre, i'll pass along the suggestion for you. Hopefully you'll be able to get the cleaners to lay off the button.

Hi jimre, i'll pass along the suggestion for you. Hopefully you'll be able to get the cleaners to lay off the button.

If it helps bump up the priority of this, I don’t think I’ll be able to persuade our cats to stop walking across the top of the Beam, and it’s super annoying to hear “the mic has been muted / the mic’s back on” repeatedly during the night, and be unable to disable it in any way short of putting something on top of the speaker that the cats will just knock off instead and then walk on the button.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I’ll mention it to the team again for you! It’s not the cleanest option, but if you loop some tape with the sticky side up over the button it may stop your cat from stepping on it. They don’t like the way the sticky part of the tape feels and tend to leave thing marked that way alone.

Theoretically, this might do the trick with the cleaning people too, unless they just move the tape.