Default Room?

• 19 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Why cant we choose a default room in the app to play music on? Its very annoying to have to tell Alaexa what room you want to play in or turn the volume up/down in. Seems like you could have a default room that alexa commands and other rooms are controlled only if the room is called out.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

This functionality is thought to be included in the new AVS Multi-Room Music SDK coming from Amazon soon.
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
I hope that the SDK also includes functionality to define which speakers "duck" for each Alexa listening device. The auto-ducking of all rooms makes Alexa unusable when my wife is listening to her music in another room. I personally can't wait until Google voice integration is released as I much prefer Google Music over Amazon Music.
I would assume being able to assign an Echo to a room or rooms would also take care of the ducking problem.