Question

Daily mix playlists on Spotify from Alexa not found

• 19 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello All

Due to the BBC radio issue with Google assistant I've had to change to Alexa.

I now have an issue with Spotify "Your Daily Mix" playlists from the "Made for You" section (the one to six playlists created by Spotify based one what you've been listening to) - this worked a treat with GA but Alexa can't find them. It can find "Discover Weekly" ok though.

Anyone know if it's me doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Andy.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Are you including the word ‘Playlist’ in your command?

‘Alexa, Play Daily Mix 1 Playlist’ works for me.

If yes and it still doesn’t work then please Disable then Enable the Sonos skill and retest.

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I've given up with Alexa and gone back to GA. I just created some IFTTT triggers for GA to get access to my BBC radio favourites.

I’m having the same problem. Would like to be able to use commands such as “Play Daily Mix 1” on my Echo speakers, but whenever I try that Alexa responds with “I can’t find the playlist Daily Mix 1 on Spotify.”

Does anybody know how to get this to work?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Paito, thank you for reaching back to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this.

I'd like to ask a few questions and will give some suggestions on what you can follow.

• Any changes in the network before this issue occur? Have you been experiencing this issue since the first time you set it up?
  • Do you use your Amazon account in another home or location?
  • When you ask Alexa about time and the weather, did she respond correctly?
  • Have you tried rebooting your network and Sonos devices? How did Alexa work after?
  • Do you have other Sonos devices with Alexa installed? If so, how did Alexa respond to those devices?

We would like to have you submit a diagnostic of your system and reply back with the confirmation number. This will allow us to see how your system is functioning, and help provide a resolution.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. We'll wait for your reply.