Question

Consistent volume across all Sonos devices

• 15 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I have the speakers listed below spread across a number of rooms in my house, and typically use Spotify as a source to play music -- which is sometimes activated via Alexa on my Sonos One.

My concern is: the volume WILL NOT remain consistent between all of the devices, with the Sonos One (Alexa-capable device) typically responding to my voice-enabled requests to raise volume -- and even sometimes without any voice request.  The Sonos One very often changes/elevates volume -- leaving the other speakers at lower volume -- even when I have the Sonos app on my phone enabled and am controlling it manually, and have to use the all-speaker slider at the bottom to regulate the volume downward.

HELP!  The fact that Sonos is discontinuing support to ‘legacy’ products gives me further concern that nothing will be resolved: hey Sonos, sorry you got burned by the big guys, but don’t burn folks who have bought (heavily, expensively) into your ecosystem.  Fix what exists before you discontinue support, otherwise your “supporters” will lose their interest in support.

Thanks for any guidance!

• 8x Play:1
  • 1x One (1st Gen)
  • Connect:AMP
  • Play:5  (2nd gen)
  • Sub 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

@kram_smada  

I guess your request makes sense if you have speakers in many rooms and you’re the only person in the house. I know that in my home my wife and I may listen to the same music but I may want it louder in my office and she may prefer it at a more ambient level elsewhere. Point being everyone may not want the level to increase in their area even while listening to the same music. The app does allow you to raise the level as a group.

Sonos is not discontinuing support for legacy products. They will no longer receive updates once the new software S2 is released. You will still be able to solicit help via this forum and/or Sonos Tech support for those products. I suggest you read the information in the link to fully understand what will and will not occur regarding “legacy” products.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786?language=en_US

Cheers!