Answered

connecting Move/Sonos app to Alexa

• 29 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello all,

Just got a Move (early birthday and Fathers Day present) connected it with app and WiFi. 

Does anyone know if it’ll be easy enough to set up with Alexa as I would need to use the wife’s login?

Just wondered if my Sonos login would conflict with the wife’s. 

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 May 2023, 10:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tam O Ronnoc 

Welcome to the Sonos Community, and Happy Birthday!

The email address to which your Sonos account is registered does not need to match the email address to which Alexa is registered, so there should be no problems in that regard - though it will be easier to add Alexa to your Move if you do so from the Sonos app installed on your wife’s phone as it will remember the Alexa account login details. This will make no difference to your overall usability.

As for the process of adding the assistant, it’s simple enough - Settings » Services & Voice » Add a Voice Assistant » Amazon Alexa. Note that Sonos Voice Control can be added to the same speaker as Alexa, and can run at the same time.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Thank you Corry, I will have a go. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tam O Ronnoc 

Also worth mentioning is that any music service account to be controlled with Alexa must be installed on both Alexa and Sonos. Therefore if, say, you wanted to add your Spotify account and control it with Alexa, your wife would need to add your Spotify account to her Alexa account, and your Spotify account would also need to be added to Sonos.

Happy listening!