Answered

connecting echo dot to connect amp

• 14 January 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a connect amp, already have hi fi occupying the line in terminals (sorry if not contract terminology), bought an echo dot, not realising I need to use the same terminals, is there anyway I can have both connected, or do have the wrong Alexa product?   Thank you

icon

Best answer by John B 14 January 2023, 16:06

View original

5 replies

You don’t need a wired connection from the Dot.  The article linked below will explain how to set up

You can also use Alexa groups to make an Echo Dot play on a particular Sonos device by default.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/set-up-an-amazon-alexa-device-to-control-sonos

I have the hifi connected to play cassettes and cd etc, and use the Sonos amp and the browse line in so I only have the one set of speakers.  I do have a play bar for them in the lounge and a play 3in the bedroom.  I was thinking of using the echo dot to control everything by voice, rather than clicking everything, suppose I was just been lazy lol I would add all the Sonos products are series one

If this is to add voice control rather than Bluetooth, the Dot does not need to be cabled to the Connect:Amp at all.  What are you trying to do?

I am puzzled by your having a hi-fi connected to the line-in on the Connect:Amp - that’s rather unusual.  Could you explain a bit more?

Do you have any other SONOS products?

What HiFi is connected to the Connect Amp line in?