Answered

Changing Alexa wake word

Are there plans to be able to change the Sonos One wake word? My daughters name is Alexa, so it's not practical to have it as the wake word ( I don't need two people telling me that they "don't know that one")
icon

Best answer by Keith N 6 February 2019, 20:37

Hi there, User96576. There are no plans to change the Sonos One wake word at the moment, while I can absolutely understand how that can be a bit impractical. I am happy to forward this as a feature request along to the team for consideration and visibility, however.

Thanks for reaching out!

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Hi there, User96576. There are no plans to change the Sonos One wake word at the moment, while I can absolutely understand how that can be a bit impractical. I am happy to forward this as a feature request along to the team for consideration and visibility, however.

Thanks for reaching out!
Perhaps you could change your daughter's wake word?

If you bought from Sonos and are within the returns period, why not swap it for a Play:1 and buy an Echo Dot? You would lose Airplay 2 compared with the Sonos One, but if that doesn't matter to you it is worth considering.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings