Answered

Ceiling or wall speakers support Alexa (with a microphone)?

• 11 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I'm finishing my basement and don't want to have Echos and Sonos speakers everywhere. The Sonos One speakers are great because they have microphones and Alexa built in. Do the ceiling speakers or wall speakers have this same capability? I only see the app and airplay as controls (which is weak). 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 March 2021, 06:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

The Sonos Amp doesn’t have Alexa built-in, but the Amp, and any speakers wired to the Amp, can be controlled with Alexa by an Echo device or voice-enabled Sonos speaker like the One. To minimize clutter, you should consider using an Echo Dot with a wall/plug mount or an Echo Flex.

Thanks for the confirmation that the wall speakers or ceiling speakers are NOT voice-enabled. That's a bummer. I know they can be controlled via an Alexa and the amp is just an amp, but Sonos should really build a microphone and Alexa into the ceiling speakers. That would be great.