Yes, a Beam can be added to a "Group" via the Alexa app. That is not what I am trying to do.
More specifically, I am looking to add the beam to my already existing "multi-room music group"
("groups" are not the same thing as "multi-room music groups")
Things I have already attempted / looked for:
• I see the Beam listed under all devices in the Alexa app, and it is showing that it is online.
• All of my Alexa devices and Beam are on the same Wi-Fi network.
• I have the Sonos skill enabled on my Alexa app.
• I have the Sonos app downloaded on iOS and I am signed in.
• "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?" - Yes, I've closed the Alexa app, restarted my phone, tried adding from the existing multi-room group, deleted that same existing group and tried to add by starting from scratch. Nothing.
• I use Spotify as my music service. It is enabled on Alexa app and added on Sonos app.
• I can play music from any of these devices separately.
• I called Customer Service for both Sonos and Amazon. Both representatives were extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the products- walked me through other options and ideas and were just as stumped as me.
The goal was to add my Beam soundbar to my existing Alexa devices in the multi-room music group so that I could play music throughout multiple rooms. I can already do this with all of my Alexa devices but was just trying to add the Beam.
It is very possible, that this is not supported at this time - BUT there is not a definitive "no" out there and thought I would ask.
Best answer by The Generalist