Skip to main content
Question

Can't set up alexa voice assistant on Sonos ERA 100

• 23 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I just received my new Sonos ERA 100. I want to use amazon alexa as a voice assistant for it. I find information that it has built in amazon alexa voice assistant. 

When I go to the voice assistant choise in the app I see three choises: sonos (enabled), amazon alexa and google assistant. 

When I choose amazon alexa it shows me the information that I should go to alexa app and include the sonos device in it. But It doesn’t give me the option to login to my alexa account and to choose alexa as a voice assistant. 

Am I doing something wrong? 

Sonos voice assistant works fine but I’m used to alexa and would like to use it instead…

Thanks for any help.

Albertas

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

The new app has many problems. One is Alexa isn’t working atm ( see info below from support .. issue hasn’t been added to link yet )

I see. The current Alexa issue is known at the moment due to the time and date not yet being fully integrated in the new Sonos app.

For more information on the missing added feature being added back in the new Sonos app, please check this link: https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-and-music-services-228995/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates-6892942