Can't Repeat A Track Using Sonos App with Amazon Music Service, Discrepant Functions with Alexa & Sonos App???

• 24 March 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but I can't find it under the search menu. I just got a Play:1 and in discovering more about just using the Sonos App, I was listening to a station that I have selected in Amazon Music. I wanted to repeat a track, but there was no was of doing so via the Sonos App. This does not make sense, especially if I heard a song a couple of minutes ago, and want to know what song it was, artist, etc. I can't figure a way to back up the app or look at play history.

Now, you may be asking, why are you posting this in the Alexa section? Because, when I use Amazon Music through Alexa app or voice control, I cannot control the volume of my Play:1 with my iPhone. I guess that is an Amazon thing, but this too is foolish and creates a fragmented system.

I have to go to Alexa app to back up a track or figure out who it was, and then I have to go to the Sonos app to control the volume of the speaker???

This can't be the way it is designed to be. I hope I am just missing something very obvious and I will be able to use one app to give me basic functionality like volume control, backing up a track, looking at the history of a station or playlist, etc.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, RealMusic. Thanks for posting, and apologies for not coming across this sooner. You should be able to control volume and playback from your iPhone regardless of where the content playback is started from. From what you've described, it seems that the best course of action would be to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to take a closer look with you at alexa.amazon.com to get a better understanding of how Alexa is integrated with your Sonos system and how to control it.

Thanks!