Answered

Can't play Spotify on Sonos One with Alexa

• 5 August 2018
  • 9 replies

Alexa either won't recognize playlists- mistakes "work out," for "work," (I don't have a work out playlist).

Or if asked to play an artist, states "shuffling music by [artist]" but then nothing actually plays. I've tried disabling and enabling the Sonos skill within Alexa several times.

How do I enable so that music actually plays through Spotify?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 6 August 2018, 16:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Badge
same problem with me Idid th same and still i can´t figure out how to get it fix
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi everyone. Sonos does not analyze your voice commands. Those go through Amazon. If the problem is with Alexa understanding voice commands, I'd recommend verifying the Alexa dialog history and if the problem only happens on Spotify it may be helpful to re-link Spotify to your Amazon Alexa account.

If you are still having trouble, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support technicians and they will be able to take a closer look.
Looking at my Alexa voice commands, it is hearing me correctly. Even if it does hear me/repeat correctly, there is still no music that plays. I've re-linked my Spotify account a couple times to no avail.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Looking at my Alexa voice commands, it is hearing me correctly. Even if it does hear me/repeat correctly, there is still no music that plays. I've re-linked my Spotify account a couple times to no avail.

Hi

A couple of questions:

1/ Have you specified Spotify as your default Music Source in Alexa App>Settings>Music & Media>Choose default music services?
2/ Are you including the word 'Playlist' in your command? e.g. 'Alexa, Play Piano Chill Playlist'

Hi

A couple of questions:

1/ Have you specified Spotify as your default Music Source in Alexa App>Settings>Music & Media>Choose default music services?
2/ Are you including the word 'Playlist' in your command? e.g. 'Alexa, Play Piano Chill Playlist'

Yes to both
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you select Alexa App>Music, Video & Books>Spotify>Go to Spotify App does that navigate correctly? Also, can you play Spotify via the Sonos App? Can you check that the same Spotify Premium account is linked to both the Sonos and Alexa accounts?
There isn't an option to "Go to Spotify App" through that navigation. If I go Alexa App>Musiv, Video & Books and scroll down and select Spotify, I got to a screen that states to upgrade to Premium to play Spotify. However, if I am on the home page and select "Go to Spotify App," from looking at what Alexa hear, it navigates to the app correctly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
There isn't an option to "Go to Spotify App" through that navigation. If I go Alexa App>Musiv, Video & Books and scroll down and select Spotify, I got to a screen that states to upgrade to Premium to play Spotify. However, if I am on the home page and select "Go to Spotify App," from looking at what Alexa hear, it navigates to the app correctly.

Hi

You need to have a Spotify Premium account for Sonos and Voice Control to work. Can you confirm which license you have?

Also, did you check this?

Can you check that the same Spotify Premium account is linked to both the Sonos and Alexa accounts?
Badge
Alexa sonos speaker not playing on the music request (spotify or amazon music ); continuos asking & repeating for alexa skill?????????? , before the new update ¨airdrop¨ was not a problem i think, Im starting to hate it.

I already did....

verifying the Alexa dialog history and if the problem only happens on Spotify it may be helpful to re-link Spotify to your Amazon Alexa account.
Any update???!!