can't make spotify default on sonos one when using alexa

• 12 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi

Just bought a Sonos one speaker. Everything connected to same network. It plays fine, can ask for Radio 6 for example and it works. I can play Spotify on my phone ans physically select the speaker from the device list. However, if I ask Alexa to play something, it just searches amazon music instead of Spotify, even though I have Spotify as the default. 

When I say “Alexa, play Spotify”, it says that my account doesn’t support streaming on the device

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Goto the Amazon Alexa App, choose “Settings/Music/Default Services” and set the default music service to Spotify.

Hi

Yep. I have spotify as the default music library. if I ask for it to play one of my playlists, it just says that my spotify account doesn’t support streaming on the device (I have a premium account). I may as well send it back cos this is just a slightly fancier version of my other speaker. The only reason I wanted it was to be able to play my spotify stuff easily without having to faff around with bluetooth and having to fiddle with my phone while I’m cooking or whatever. 

I’m completely out of ideas as to what to try. And now I’m beginning to hate the thing 

Did you install the exact same Spotify account in the Sonos App via “Settings/Services/Add a Service”?