Can't add Alexa on Sonos One Pair

• 7 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi all, I have a pair of One's and I am unable to add Alexa. If I try I get an error message that it failed to add Alexa, it then brings back the black Sonos Splash screen and then for a second I can see an error message that it looks like as one of my speakers is unplugged. Then the room settings show my speaker pair as "Lounge (L+?)" as well for like a second and then it shows up again as "Lounge (L+R)". Any ideas anyone?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Are you using SonosNet or Wi-Fi for the connection to your Sonos Players? This could be down to interference. If you have the cables, please try connecting the two players to your router temporarily and try again.
Good idea 🙂 Done that now but with no success. Still showing the same behaviour. However, I did break the pairing, kept then on a wired connection and I have no problem getting Alexa activated on my "left" speaker, but not on my "right" speaker. Now here's my question to Sonos: Both speaker have the same version 10.1 Build 49263270 but the "left" one is first edition Series ID A100 and the "right" one is second edition Series ID A200...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Good idea 🙂 Done that now but with no success. Still showing the same behaviour. However, I did break the pairing, kept then on a wired connection and I have no problem getting Alexa activated on my "left" speaker, but not on my "right" speaker. Now here's my question to Sonos: Both speaker have the same version 10.1 Build 49263270 but the "left" one is first edition Series ID A100 and the "right" one is second edition Series ID A200...

The two versions shouldn't make any difference. Can you submit a diagnostic and post the number in this thread. Sonos staff can then look at it tomorrow or you can contact Sonos support via Twitter or FaceBook today.