Answered

Can Play:1 play Flash News Briefing from my Alexa Dot?

I just bought a play:1 for my kitchen. My Alexa Dot is 10 ft away. My sonos will play Spotify and music but when I ask Alexa to play my Flash News Briefing it only plays it on the Dot and not the Sonos Play:1. Any suggestions?
icon

Best answer by MikeV 7 May 2018, 22:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The Flash Briefing can't be directed to a specific speaker or device, so unfortunately you can't tell Alexa to play your Flash Briefing on your Play:1 speaker.
Thanks. Is there any hope of this changing? What else can’t i direct from Alexa to Sonos (Play:1). Do the other Sonos allow for Flash Briefings to be played?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Is there any hope of it changing? It's possible, I suppose... but it's Amazon's capability to update, so they'd need to make the change. They could update it so you can direct it somewhere... or if your Echo Dot and a Sonos speaker were in a device group, the Echo Dot could play audio through Sonos instead of its own speaker... not sure what the likelihood of either is though...

The Sonos One, since it has Alexa capabilities built-in, can play the flash briefing, but that's the only speaker presently available that can do it.