Answered

Beam Paired with 2 Sonos One (with Alexa) + Sonos 1

• 18 July 2018
  • 2 replies

I have received and configured the new BEAM and grouped it with two Sonos Ones with a Sony A1. The Beam is ethernet connected to the house network and ARC connected via HDMI to a Sony A1 TV. I also have a Sonos 1 in a separate group.

Alexa is working on the Beam and L/R Sones Ones - answers questions - tells the time - controls Hue lights etc.

However: Alexa - when requested to play music from Tune In / Amazon Music etc (all configured in the Sonos App) - acknowledge the request.

"Play WSM Country in Tune In"... response... Playing WSM Country.

"Play Freedom 90 by the Bellas"...response... Playing Freedom 90 by the Bellas

etc etc.

But - NO Music - no Internet Radio.

The Alexa App is unable to discover any new devices.

I also have a Sonos 1 - called PATIO - when summoned from another Echo device "Play LBC radio from Global Player on Patio".. response ... Playing LBC Radio on Patio...

again no Radio.

Everything works fine - the TV is playing through the Beam and joined Ones... I can play music radio etc from the SONO's App and from Airplay 2 - fine.

But nothing when played using Alexa and voice control.

I have a SONOS Hub - I have removed the Hub - set everything back up again with the Beam ethernet connected. I have tried using just the House Wifi - I have reinstalled everything using the Hub as the source.

Nothing seems to solve the problem.

Everything was fine - until - I introduced the new BEAM into the setup...

Any advice on what to do next - Please?
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 18 July 2018, 22:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I would remove the Sonos skill from within the Alexa app and then re-enable it. This will often resolve a lot of these sort of issues.

I don't think it's important to your main question, but, you stated that yo have the beam 'grouped' with two Sonos Ones. Did you mean to say that they are bonded together as soundbar and the rear surround channels in the same room? In Sonos terms, 'grouping' refers to temporarily playing multiple rooms together in sync, while bonding or pairing refers to setting up speakers in the same room to play different channels of the audio on a permanent basis.

So you have two rooms in your system, and PATIO and whatever room for your beam setup? Also, 'Sonos Hub' is a Boost, correct? Probably not important, but just to clarify.
Well Bu**er Me - 2 days pulling my hair out and telling ‘Her Ladyship’ to “shut up - I know what I am doing” - and that is all it was.

Thank You.

And Yes - spot on with the other observations - Boost and Bonded in a 5.1 configuration.

Thanks again.