Question

Beam not playing music when requested via ALexa

• 16 January 2020
  • 5 replies

I have succesfully set up the Beam some months ago and could play Amazon Music through, however recently I noticed when I ask music to be streamed Alexa responds, but no music is actually played.  The Beam works correctly along with the Sub when being used as a Home Theatre.

And yes I have an Amazon subscription via Prime.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

1. Double check that the Amazon Music subscription is the same in the Sonos app and the Alexa app.
  2. Make sure the name of the Beam is unique in the Alexa app.
  3. In the Sonos app, go to Settings > Services > Voice > Alexa and make sure the Beam is active.

Both 1. and 3. are complete, but I am not certain where to set the names / room names?  Weird that it originally worked and no changes have subsequently been made.  Maybe I’ll delete both and start again

Both 1. and 3. are complete, but I am not certain where to set the names / room names?  Weird that it originally worked and no changes have subsequently been made.  Maybe I’ll delete both and start again

Device names are in the Alexa app under Devices, choose All Devices at the top.  This will give you a list of all your Alexa controlled devices.

Thanks for that, will try again when home

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

In addition to the advice from @jgatie, please Disable the Sonos Skill in the Alexa App and then Re-Enable, if the problem persists.