beam not connecting or responding

• 29 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
Just bought a sonos beam to allow me to connect to other sonos products and TV but it won’t connect to anything not even Spotify that is on my sonos app.
Going to throw it out of the window shorty it’s so difficult and frustrating. Not what was advertised...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Alright. Are you able to see the Beam in your Sonos app? Did you connect the Beam to the TV by hdmi-arc or by optical connection? Are you using Alexa voice commands?

It's difficult to get an idea of where the issue is without more information.
Badge
Hi Danny

Yes I can see it in sonos app and it will connect and play music through the app fine, it’s voice commands it doesn’t respond to.
Regarding the tv it’s connected by hdmi lead to ARC port but when it turn any nett on in setting it doesn’t complete the set up. It doesn’t seem to complete any set up around Alexa
Also won’t voice connect to Spotify and voice command??

Any help you can give would be appreciated
Regards Mike
Ok, regarding voice commands, you may want to have a look at this support article.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3439?language=en_US

If I were to guess, I'd say that the Sonos skill hasn't been setup with Alexa yet.

Regarding tv audio, take a look at this.

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/enabling-cec-on-your-tv-for-beam-6810049

I had some issues setting up my Beam. Besides making sure the CEC was turned on from my TV (Samsung) it help to turn everything off (uplugging the tv mostly) and then power everything back on. To complete the setup, the TV has to send a signal to the Beam and it doesn't seem to do that without a cold reboot.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I have the same sort of problems.
Works fine art times, but then often when I put the TV on standby either via Alexa or TV remote and then okay radio or Spotify on the Beam and ask A to stop then put the TV back on via A or the remote there's just nothing I can do to get it to reconnect... Try everything including all off, turn CEC (Viera link - new Panasonic TV) off and on etc etc.
Then it will randomly start working again...
Half baked!

I am trying optical sound out, out of desperation as a workaround at the moment.
Got sound at least at the moment.

Care to comment Sonos support?