Answered

Beam and Play:1

• 22 July 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I’ve already got a Play:1 and today I bought a Sonos Beam. The Play:1 is in the kitchen and the Beam is in the lounge.

I know that the Beam has Alexa built in and the Play:1 does not. But, what I read in store was “Play:1 is Alexa compatible when connected to an Alexa hub”.

My question is: can the Play:1 use the Beam as an Alexa hub? And subsequently, can I talk to Alexa through the Play:1 because it’ll be connected to the Beam and therefore an Alexa hub?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by TainterGate 22 July 2018, 09:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

baldwinz,

Your question: can the Play:1 use the Beam as an Alexa hub?

Answer: Yes

Explanation: As long as both the Beam and your Play:1 are on the same network & you have all Sonos devices discovered by Alexa, you can instruct Alexa to play content on your Play:1 from your Beam all the while you have the Beam streaming separate content.

The 2nd part of your question: can I talk to Alexa through the Play:1 because it’ll be connected to the Beam and therefore an Alexa hub?

Answer: See Explanation above.