Beam - Alexa

• 6 November 2018
  • 5 replies

Hello! I just bought a new Sonos BEAM, and I connected Alexa, but when I say to Alexa that it should turn on the TV, then it wont. But for some reason adjusting volume and turning OFF the TV works great.

My tv is the “SONY BRAVIA - Model Number: 40EX500”.

Thanks,
Upi Singh

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Upi Singh

I had a similar issue with too many devices having "TV' as part of their name (i.e. FireTV x 2). I suggest three (3) things and I assume you are using HDMI-ARC between your TV and the Beam:

1. Change the name of your TV to Sony
2. Ask Alexa to discover devices (you may have to delete Alexa and re-install)
3. Say "Alexa turn on Sony" and so on and so on....

Cheers!
Greetings AjTrek1. I tried what you said, but it didn’t seem to work. It just says ok when I say “Alexa, turn on Sony”. Nothing happens....
I would be very happy if you had some more recommendations.

Thanks,
Upi Singh
Userlevel 7
OK...Upi Singh

If you didn't do this the first time...delete the Sonos App and the Alexa App. Reinstall both and don't forget to activate voice services in the Sonos App. Try commands as discussed in the previous post.

If that doesn't work...Unplug the Beam, wait 60 seconds and plug it in again. Try the commands.

If the above two don't work....submit a diagnostic via the Sonos App and post the reference ID in this forum...then call Sonos. Click the link on how to submit a diagnostic: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141?language=en_US

The most extreme option is a factory reset of the Beam. It should only be done at the direction of Sonos Support.

Good Luck...Cheers!
None of it worked. I really appreciate that you are trying to help me.

Thanks,
Upi Singh
Userlevel 7
OK Upi Singh...this is my last suggestion. If it doesn't work then I suggest you submit a diagnostic as I suggested in the previous post.

1. Unplug all Sonos
2. Unplug any other wired or wirless devices
3. Unplug your router_wait 60 seconds
4. Plug in your router and let come back fully
5. Power cycle your iOS or Android device_Connect to Wi-Fi
6. Plug in your Sonos one by one_Starting with Boost or main Wi-Fi component
7. Plug in your other devices one by one

Once again...if your issue is not resolved...submit the diagnostic. Good Luck!

Cheers!