Question

BBC Radio 2 via Amazon Echo/Alexa to Sonos

• 16 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a no. of Amazon echos and a no. of Sonos speakers and want to control my sonos. If I say 'play radio 2' it's fine on the Echo. If I say ' play radio 2 on "name of my sonos speaker", it plays BBC Radio Cymru 2. If I say play Radio 2, it sometimes just beeps or sometimes plays random station I’ve never heard of, Was fine when BBC was on Tune-In, but not since BBC sounds and fine with the likes of Virgin radio etc.

Nothing to to with groups and prefered speaker as this is for music only and works fine

Can you suggest a fix?  Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @gordonc66, welcome to the Sonos community, and thank you for letting us know about your concern. I’m sorry to hear that the Alexa group is not working with your Sonos. Let me help you with this. 

Let me suggest the below troubleshooting steps and see if it works for you.

1. Open the Alexa app.
  2. Open the menu in the top left and tap on Skills & Games > Your Skills > Sonos > Disable Skill.
  3. Deregister your Sonos speaker from Alexa by following the instructions on Amazon's website: Deregistering a device.
  4. Enable the Sonos skill again by going back to the Skills & Games > Your Skills > Sonos and tapping on Enable Skill.
  5. Once complete, try giving Alexa another command.

If the steps listed above do not resolve your issue, please contact Sonos Customer Care for further assistance. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. The Sonos Community is always here to help.